Saturday, December 3, 2011

God I Love Wal-Mart

This past Friday afternoon I was traveling through Alabaster, Alabama on my way to visit and hunt with my Dad. 

I stopped at the local Wal-Mart to pick up some fixins for the weekend and witnessed a short encounter between an Auburn and Alabama fan. 

Now, if you are a part of either of these two fan bases, you are quite aware that "War Eagle" and "Roll Tide" are exchanged on a frequent basis...especially during football season - and for ANY reason. 

I had made my way to the register and a woman in her mid fifties was almost through checking out.  A man in his mid thirties was behind her, and then me. 

As I waited my turn I overheard the gentleman in front of me exclaim "Roll Tide Roll!"  I looked up to see the reason for his fanhood and noticed that the woman in front of him was purchasing an Auburn towel. 

I knew immediately that the woman was going to have her rebuttal heard.  She turned to the man behind her, stared him down for what seemed like 30 seconds, gathered her thoughts and then spoke out. 

"I think it's about time you grew up."

Add this to the ever growing list of why I love Wal-mart

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love a good Wal-Mart story! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witnessed this encounter in line at Costco (which is just like Wal-Mart but with bigger carts) approximately one year ago. I witnessed this because I was the Auburn fan:

    Bammer to the Auburn fan: "Well, ya headin' out to Pasadener to the Nachnel Chanchachip game?"

    Auburn fan: "Uh, no I'm not."

    Bammer: "Ain't it just like a Barner! Git to your first Nachnel Chanchachip in 53 years and ya don't even go to Pasadener to witness it?"

    Auburn fan: "That's because I'll be in Glendale where the game is being played, you asshat."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol Ann,

    I'm quite impressed with your ability to type in true bammer form. That story doesn't surprise me in the least and I am expecting these bammers to be quite vocal in the next few weeks. Hopefully the bayou tigers can shut them up.

    ReplyDelete