Wednesday, October 28, 2015

#Daphuckusay

Several weeks ago, my wife approaches me with a gameshow/reality tv idea.  She does this from time to time and usually my eyes roll back into my head from the verbal onslaught of stupidity I just digested.

But this time, I believe she struck gold - but not in the gameshow sense, but more in #hashtag , social media postings.

Despite his laundry list of transgressions, pending jailtime, and lawsuits - she wanted to hire Bill Cosby is to be the host of a new age, "Kids say the darndest things" titled - "Daphuckusay?"  Bringing in white trash/ghetto children to play the same role as the original Cosby hit.  If you use your imagination a bit, the idea is quite humorous - especially if you throw Paula Dean and Al Sharpton into the mix.

I'm altering the idea a bit, using personal stories - as always - to illustrate the head scratching stupidity that comes across peoples lips from time to time. 

To start, we'll use the brain child of #Daphuckusay - my geography challenged wife.

In a discussion on bucket list destinations for our future travels, we began to discuss places abroad that we would like to visit.  The normal coordinates came into play - London, Australia, Brazil.....but then I mentioned that the top of my list would be going to Rome.

The wife tilts her head ever so slightly (like a dog attempting to understand a command), befuddled - yet fires back -

"Wouldn't you rather go to Italy?"

Herein lies the origin of #Daphuckusay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment