Friday, September 30, 2011

What Not to Say to Your Pregnant Wife

On this weeks edition of “Closing the Door On…”, I will attempt to close the door on expelling verbal diarrhea towards my pregnant wife.

My wife and I have a great relationship are always clowning on each other. It is always back and forth and we typically enjoy the banter.

Once we found out that we are going to be first time parents this winter, I have done my best to ease up on the smartalec comments as the hormones are dripping off of the walls in every room of our home.

Well, the dam was sure to break sooner or later… and it did.  

I had a bad day at work and once I got home nothing was out of the norm.  Yes, my wife was a bit on the moody side, but nothing for me to complain about – that is, if I were having a good day.

Even though it wasn’t my best day, I still tried to control myself.  Instead of verbalizing my comment, I just bore a sly grin.  My wife caught the grin and knew I had something to say and demanded that I revealed it.  

So I did…

“Are you sure you’re pregnant? Because you’re acting more like you’re on your period”.

Not my best idea.

2 comments:

  1. AKA,

    Believe me, I know now. As my brother in law accurately described in our introduction..."This philosophy fits my brother-in-law perfectly. He talks sometimes when he shouldn't. He says things that sometimes better judgement tells you you just shouldn't say."

    On this subject, I've learned my lesson, for now at least.

    ReplyDelete