Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween

I always hated the dentist who lived behind me growing up, if for no other reason than for the crap he'd give out at Halloween - an orange, a toothbrush and toothpaste. I don't know why I even bothered stopping there except that the orange provided a nice projectile to hurl at his house.

Now there's this news story.

This dentist needs to be kicked in the balls. Then the parents who force their kid to sell this mustachioed creep their candy need a swift kick to their genital region as well.

Among the obvious problems I have with this story:



  • A "dollar per pound" of candy? A g--d d--mn hershey bar cost $1.69, and this asshole is giving some oppressed little bastard a five dollar bill for what must have taken hours of work to obtain?

  • Read the last line: "Candy must be unopened." Why? SO YOU CAN EAT IT, YOU PIECE OF SH--???!!

/end of rant.

4 comments:

  1. And then there are the total downers who insist on telling you all about how evil the chocolate companies are due to the abhorrent working conditions the cocoa bean pickers are forced to endure. Now that I know about all that business Halloween isn't as fun as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we aren't meant to know.

    I've never visited a slaughterhouse but I imagine it is not pleasant - what I do know is I love a tasty burger.

    If Willy Wonka has a slave labor force of orange midgets who make that sweet, delicious chocolate, then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one. Someone needs to give that guy a root canal without anesthesia. I'm equally annoyed by this little Halloween tip given to me by my mother-in-law: only buy Halloween candy that you do not like.
    Huh? Isn't the whole idea of this holiday to be stuck with enough Snickers and Milky Ways to last until Thanksgiving? I guess that's why she's weighs 95 lbs and I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odds are if you don't like it, none of the kids are going to like it either and soon you will be known as the neighborhood weirdo who gives out circus peanuts.

    I'm with you, however, that candy should not only taste good, it should be horded and enjoyed primarily by the person who purchased it (provided it is not obtained by a scum-bag dentist who wants to pay kids the equivalent of a vietnamese sweat shop worker for candy they should be able to eat and enjoy themselves).

    ReplyDelete