Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How to Tame a Cougar

It was a Friday afternoon and I stopped at the local Ace Hardware to pick up some woodchips for my planned weekend BBQ.  As I hopped out of my truck I noticed that quite a lovely “Cougar” was giving me the eye…and on this day, I couldn’t really blame her because I was suited up from an all day corporate meeting and looking good.

As I got to the entrance of the store, said Cougar was right behind me so I politely held the door open for her so she could enter the store – And to allow me give her an eye pat-down of my own.

I made my way to the outdoor section to grab a bag of woodchips and I noticed that my lady friend was still staring at me.  Now, I’m a married man, but it is nice to be stalked every once in a while just to confirm that you still got it.

She looked as if she was working up the courage to approach me for a conversation as we both made our way to the cashier.  Me, being the gentleman that I am, allowed her in front of me so that she could check out first.  Once she received her receipt she finally was revved up enough to strike up a conversation with me.

“Excuse me, but how can you live with yourself when you are polluting our environment everyday by driving that massive truck.”

Now this caught me completely off guard.  I was somewhat expecting a “Desperate Housewives” moment in my mind and all I got was my ego completely slashed and attacked for driving an anti-environment vehicle.

My feelings where hurt and the only rebuttal that I could think of was, “How would you feel about picking woodchips out of your ass for the rest of the weekend?”

She did an immediate about-face and strut her tree hugging stuff right out the door with no reply.

The cashier could barely contain his laughter as he completed my order.

At least his day was made.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you should have told her that it is because of the money you spend on gas in that "massive truck" that allows for the research into other forms of energy to actually reduce the effects on the environment. Without the contribution made by the average and bigger vehicles, there would be no hybrids or economy vehicles. It's called capitalsim.

    ReplyDelete